5 November 2021
Yesterday we entered day 6 of the intensive negotiation period with Sydney Trains and NSW Trains. We spent the day hearing responses to our claims about:
- Uniform issues (including the wearing of shorts)
- The staff review process
- Rail Emergency Response Unit (RERU) claims
- Network Incident Manager (NIM) claims
- Line Information Controllers (LIC) claims
- Signallers and Area Controllers claims
- Station Staff claims
Disappointingly, like day 5, most of our claims on the agenda for yesterday’s meeting were rejected by Sydney Trains and NSW Trains management outright. However, the following items received full or partial agreement with a commitment to iron out the detail:
- All employees will be allowed to wear shorts to work (subject to WHS requirements and consultation).
- Employees will be allowed to wear badges of external campaigns or organisations (including union badges).
- RERU rosters will be developed by RERU members.
- NSW Trains to create a Transfer Register on the same basis as the one operated by Sydney Trains.
Sydney Trains also made a commitment to have a dedicated part of this bargaining period to address complex rostering issues in an effort to properly respond to our various claims around rostering. Your delegates will hold Sydney Trains to account to make sure these claims are taken seriously.
Issued & authorised by Alex Claassens, Secretary, Rail, Tram and Bus Union – NSW Branch
Level 4, 321 Pitt Street,
Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: (02) 92642511
Fax: (02) 92611342